You must be aware of the fact that Google AdWords is a PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising campaign. When a visitor searches for a keyword on Google’s search engine then along with organic search results the Google AdWords Ads are displayed at the top and on the right of the page. Google AdWords Ads can be created and made live in a short span of time.
Here are some tips that will help in your Google Adwords campaigns.
- Link the Ad with a relevant landing page and don’t just link it with the homepage of your website. If the ad is meant for a particular product or service then link that ad to the page on the site which displays that product or services.
- The keywords you choose must align with your website. If Google finds that the keywords you used in the ads are not relevant with your website then the ads will not be displayed.
- Write Ad text that relate to your keyword. Place exact keyword or phrase in the Ad heading and at least once in the Ad body text.
- Include only one keyword per Ad. Ensure that you make different Ad Groups for each keyword/phrase.
- Remember that each click made by a user cost you money. You must use negative keywords, so your ads are not displayed when someone searches with that negative keyword. This will discourage people who randomly click on ads and cost you money.
- Use misspelled keywords. A lot of traffic is generated even for misspelled keywords which can be obtained at a small price.
Choose keywords which you can afford. Never pick keywords that will cost you more than they can deliver. Choose keywords that have a good ROI (Return on Investment).